About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer in the Stores domain who will have direct responsibility for performing Subject Matter Expert (SME) duties for Gap Inc's Network Architecture, Operation & Engineering deliverables across a global fleet of Stores. You'll be able to handle multiple, complex, long-term projects simultaneously along with being an escalation point of contact for various operating teams. You’ll collaborate, influence, and strategize with cross-functional partners to share out goals that positively impact our Store network engineering and operation functions.
What you'll do
- You will interface with other network primes; internally and externally to GAP and be directly engaged with network design, planning, implementation, and security.
- Able to handle multiple, complex, long-term projects simultaneously with or without designated Technical Project Managers.
- Provide final-tier support for highly impacting network related issues and events
- Responsible for development of network standards with a focus on platform, hardware, software and configuration methodologies
- Responsible for Network Architecture, operations and engineering within production and non-production environments across a global footprint.
- Mentoring Team members on a technical and management perspective
Who you are
- BS in Computer Science or related Engineering Discipline
- 8+ years’ experience of recent operational hands-on experience in highly scalable and availability footprints across various network technologies, specifically Cisco, Viptela, Meraki, Mist, Juniper SRX in SDN environment.
- Advanced knowledge of the SDN space, specifically within Enterprise, WAN or Data Center. Proven experience in Wireless technologies and security practices
- Must have excellent network WAN protocol experience: SONET, Broadband, T1, DWDM, Dark Fiber, WAVE
- Must have excellent knowledge of network switching protocols: STP, 802.1[q,s,w], 802.3ae
- Must have superior network routing protocol experience: BGP, OSPF, ISIS, MPLS, HSRP/VRRP
- Excellent written and communication skills. Creative problem-solving abilities
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs