About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn quickly, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
The Data and Analytics organization is chartered with unlocking the power of data to drive decision making and customer obsession across Gap Inc’s family of dynamic brands. The Customer & Marketing Sciences team is a critical component of the Data and Analytics organization at Gap Inc. Your efforts will empower Athleta to make data-informed decisions that improve the effectiveness of our marketing portfolio, drive investments in marketing that influence pivotal growth strategies, and enhance the experiences of millions of Athleta customers across the world.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with internal and external marketing partners to leverage performance measurement of our marketing mix.
- Guide budget scenario-building exercises with media and finance teams to align marketing channel use and optimize to brand goals.
- Translate into high-impact recommendations and investment decisions across the full suite of paid marketing to top-level executives in finance and the brand.
- Embrace the complexity in the customer journey from awareness through conversion. Exercise and mature analytic frameworks that connect marketing activities to key business metrics across the funnel, incl. the cost of incremental acquisition and sales return on marketing investment.
- Make progress on the roadmap driving marketing effectiveness maturity that involves both modeled and test-based inputs to optimize marketing budgets.
- Use existing and drive the development of new reports/tools/visualizations to provide insights, recommendations and learnings grounded in data.
- Refine ad-hoc requests, by applying sound analytic thought partnership, unlocking new insights.
- Support plans to test media (including outlining test design and structure) to further substantiate the true incremental contribution of marketing efforts.
- Actively contribute to the launch of new marketing partnerships that serve to optimize, better track and report the performance of applied marketing. ex: resolve offline measurement, media’s contribution to brand awareness.
- Stay informed about, communicate, and apply new or current trends and best practices in digital marketing and analytics. Show curiosity by researching appropriate technologies to advance practices.
Who you are
- 5+ years of specialized experience and expertise in a marketing analytics role, preferably in a multi-channel B2C industry or media agency
- Knowledgeable about applying outcomes from marketing measurement methods (MMM, MTA, A/B Testing) into a business environment.
- Exposed to testing of marketing audiences, protocols, creative treatments in a partnered environment.
- Familiarity with site tracking tools, tag management and marketing performance reporting platforms. (such as Adobe, GA, Google Ads, FBM, Liveramp, Tealium, SFMC) and platform providers (Salesforce, Google, Facebook))
- Understanding of customer lifetime value (LTV) and segmentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Data Science or other quantitative, technical, or social science field required. MS degree strongly preferred.
- SQL proficiency preferred. R or Python a plus
- Experienced with data visualizations, business intelligence tools preferred. Ex: Excel, Tableau, PBI.
- Strong business acumen, and superior written, verbal skills
- A curious, life-long learner, self-motivated and able to work independently or as part of a team.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs