Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Director, Digital Production leads a team of digital content producers in bringing to life Gap Specialty across our digital vehicles (desktop, mobile, app, email). This role combines the best of operational leadership with a dedicated commitment to flawless execution. Through strong leadership and managerial oversight, this leader will effectively prioritize internal resources, provide visibility to constraints and opportunities in the digital content pipeline and collaborate with other leaders across the organization to continuously improve our digital processes and technology utilization. This role reports to the Director of Digital Operations and works closely with the other Digital Operations leads, Marketing, Creative, and Web Content Development.
- Lead a team of Producers to support of Gap Specialty (US, Canada, UK/EU) digital experiences. Team members are chartered with end-to-end content production across site, app, email, and promotions.
- Play a critical leadership role for our brand, orchestrating multiple content workstreams across many different cross-functional teams and competing priorities
- Provide visibility to the digital content pipeline KPIs and the Digital Production team’s contribution to business results and share insights on how resource allocations can be adjusted to better serve the business
- Leads and assembles cross-functional teams across levels and functions, including both internal and external business partners, to evolve and iterate upon digital content experience, technology, and process.
- Builds cross-functional alignment in successfully launching new ways of working and through progressive operational improvements for the organization
- Influence SLA’s with key vendors and cross functional partners to balance efficiency with flawless execution
- Develop strong relationships with cross-brand counterparts, sharing and levarging expertise and best practices for digital content delivery across our shared technology stack
- Drive business adherence against cross-functional capacity and SLAs.
- Create a positive team environment where team members feel ownership and value in their contributions
- Conducts regular analyses and assessments of the Gap Digital Production team members and advocates for responsible organization change and staffing as needed
Who you are
- Obvious passion for, interest in, and knowledge of retail, apparel and the e-commerce industry
- You have executive presence with frequent interaction and need to influence cross-functional leadership team
- You have the unique ability to balance capacity discussions with a growth mindset
- You are highly process-oriented with superior skills in defining and evangelizing operational opportunities and influencing the broader organization to continuously evolve and adopt new process
- You thrive in a dynamic environment and are able to juggle numerous priorities, complexity and change with ease and vigor
- Has a keen understanding of “how things work” to guarantee operational and execution success. Know which organizational stakeholders are critical to generate insights and ensure initiative success
- Expert in people management and development of teams, leveraging individual talents to maximize team productivity and strategic growth
- 8+ years of relevant management experience, preferably in retail, ecommerce and/or apparel
- 5+ years in customer-facing business teams
- 5+ years managing large-scale digital programs
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs