About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
A key member of the BR Product Operations Team, responsible for supporting the Merchandising function with operational and strategic leadership, so that teams can work in the most efficient and effective ways possible. This position is a key partner to the Merchandising organization as well as cross-functional product leaders.
What you'll do
- Lead cross-functional brand strategy and operational initiative
- Own management of all system configurations related to merchandising function
- Lead efforts to drive insights and build knowledge of key market, competitor and customer dynamics
- Lead the development and evolution of the P2M Calendar
- Partner with Sourcing and product teams to manage the Ad Sample process
- Serve as a thought leader and liason with business partners within Banana Republic and across Gap, Inc.; proactively share issues and best practices across brands
- Synthesize findings, structure presentations, and communicate action items and recommendations to senior management and leadership team
Who you are
- Demonstrated track record as an outstanding problem-solver and strategic thinker
- Able to synthesize information into effective strategies and innovative insights, translating complex ideas into simple, actionable recommendations
- Very strong written and oral communicator with proven ability to communicate with senior leaders and use broad range of influence styles to drive desired results; works well with others and is considered a true team player
- Approaches conflicts as opportunities; understands others quickly; can find common ground without comprising total position
- Very strong project and process management skills, including ability to independently disaggregate problems into defined workplans
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and to manage cross-functional business partners who are not direct line reports
- 8+ years of professional work experience, preferably within retail
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs