For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
The Sr Director of Fit is the guiding eye for Athleta’s vision of fit excellence, leading with a consistent viewpoint while overseeing a diverse, talented team to advance the creation and commercialization of premium performance and performance lifestyle product. In this role, you will set the stage and collaborate closely with cross functional teams to drive innovation, efficiences, and strategies across fit and function. Additionally, you will leverage and develop key relationships with vendors and Gap sourcing teams to support working efficiently and driving fit consistency to elevate the customer experience.
What you'll do
- Lead team to drive for technical and functional fit for complex and diverse performance and performance lifestyle product categories, ensuring team has the proper tools to deliver high quality product in fit, styling, detail, and functionality that enables Athleta to achieve its financial goals.
- Mentor and coach team to be customer curious, solution oriented, to create with audacity, and to be radically candid in their work
- Ensure brand integrity by developing and maintaining fit protocol and standards, partnering cross-functionally to identify potential production and quality concerns and making recommendations
- Develop strong relationships with Design, Product Engineering, and Production to champion fit intent and aesthetic, drive a culture of craft and expertise, and elevate cross functional collaboration and communication
- Drive integration of fit specialists into cross functional teams, building strong connections and working closely to build and meet deliverables to support a high performance brand and bring product to market
- Understand the competitive landscape, in product, technology and machinery
- Travel to sourcing offices and vendors to facilitate partnerships, expectations, educate and understand vendor capabilities.
- Forecast annual needs and opportunities; fiscal accountability for department budget. Responsible for planning, budget and end results; sets policies for the department
Who you are
- Extensive experience and expertise in Patternmaking, fabric knowledge, garment construction, and manufacturing processes. Demonstrated understanding of physical fit, evaluation of body size, shape and the relationship of clothing on the target body, including 1x-3x inclusive sizing
- Blue-sky mentality approach to problems, able to use rigorous logic and methods to drive for solutions
- Strong belief in the Power of Team, able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Demonstrated curiosity, motivated to learn new skills and knowledge and act as a technical resource, coach and mentor of others
- Customer-first mindset, putting the Athleta customer at the forefront of every decision
- Comphrehensive understanding of 3D Style creation a plus
- Willing and able to travel as needed
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs