Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
As a Director on the Gap Finance team, you will have an integral role in leading a team to support the Stores, Divisional and Marketing teams for the brand. You and your team will be responsible for managing the expense line items within Stores, Field, OSE, HQ Divisional, and Marketing. This role requires strong working relationships with the head of Stores, Marketing, centralized Store Operations, and other key business leads for Gap Brand. You will lead and develop and team of up to 6, including 2 leaders of others.
- Support the monthly forecast, close and budget process for Gap brand for your key accounts
- Quantify and communicate risks and opportunities within area of responsibility to members of the leadership team
- Manage store expense budgets and forecasts which align to business objectives, financial targets, and are grounded in fact-based assumptions and productivity strategies; partner with field leaders to achieve the budget/forecast
- Support business partners in managing the Marketing budget for the brand, providing insight into the productivity of forecasted expense, and identifying opportunities to maximize the effectiveness of the marketing spend
- Work with key business owners to manage headcount within budget and with strong controls
- Partner with business leaders to assess and quantify investment requests
- Continuously evolve team’s processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Perform ad hoc analysis and decision support as needed
- Role model Gap Inc.’s Words to Live By
Who you are
- You have a high level of individual accountability and the ability to influence others while maintaining key relationships in the business
- You have an ability to assess complex situations and analyze data to make judgments and recommend solutions
- You have strong financial acumen and strategic orientation with ability to deliver succinct, executive level findings
- You have a track record in managing, motivating, and developing a team and leaders of others
- Having experience in Stores Finance, Marketing, and/or with a retail or consumer product focus is strongly preferred
- You are savvy the MS Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Having experience with Oracle financial systems and Essbase is a plus
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs