About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
At Gap Inc., our purpose is to be Inclusive, By Design. Our updated vision is to grow purpose-led, billion-dollar brands that shape peoples’ way of life. An important part of Gap Inc.’s Power Plan 2023 strategy and Next 50 plan is to transform how we operate in service to our customers. At the core of this plan is an accelerated digital transformation, to enhance growth, customer-centricity, speed, efficiency and resilience.
To that end, we have established a Digital Transformation Office (DTO) that will drive the design, implementation and achievement of large-scale strategic initiatives. These initiatives transformation the organization and its core capabilities to improve growth and profitability. The DTO provides rigor, structure, expertise and activation to design and deliver these initiatives individually and collectively. The DTO is responsible for partnering with leaders to drive the digital transformation strategy, performing transformation program management, change management and process engineering. The DTO partners with the Value Capture Office, a finance team responsible for ensuring delivery of financial value.
The Sr. Manager, Program Management, of the Digital Transformation Office (DTO) provides enterprise-wide program management support to the Digital Transformation Office. This role is critical to the DTO program management office’s role in ensuring the consistent application of program management best practices, and ensuring clear visibility to our digital transformation progress, roadblocks, and risks. The Sr. Manager synthesizes transformation program management deliverables, interdependencies, and risks across the entire DTO program. This role also assists the DTO leadership in activating to address risks within and across transformation pillars and, where relevant, partners with change management to drive communications efforts. Finally, this role will also need to have financial aptitude in order to understand financial drivers of the transformation and partner back with the Value Capture Office to understand and quantify any risks to financial value achievement.
The successful individual in this role has experience in program management in a complex program and is adept at synthesizing across multiple large-scale programs. This role is highly organized, is excited to be fluent in key details of programs, and is a change activator adept at translating risks into action with cross-functional partners. This individual is also comfortable navigating a complex organization and influencing senior business partners.
What you'll do
- Partners with PMO leadership to deploy and operationalize the transformation governance model, including forums, stakeholders, scope, cadence and RACI.
- Synthesizes transformation program management deliverables, interdependencies, and risks across the entire DTO program. Identifies interdependencies, risks, and issues, and activates partners to address. Supports DTO leadership in developing executive presentation materials.
- Proactively builds business partner relationships including transformation business leaders and their transformation pillar PMO leads to discuss risks and collaborate or gain buy-in on programmatic adjustments and action steps.
- Partners with change management team members to ensure cohesive transformation plans including change deliverables.
- Anticipate roadblocks and proactively address issues before they impact business results. Ensure relevant programs/projects are on track, including budget, timeline and scope.
- Support program management synthesis across transformation pillars and surface risks with senior leaders and cross-functional business partners.
- Must be able to understand different stakeholder perspectives, goals and resources to build a cross-functional strategy and drive results.
Who you are
- +6 years of professional experience; experience in strategy/management consulting, retail/consumer products or similar strategic role preferred.
- Experience with performing program management and leading PMO roll-ups in a complex program management capacity; includes expertise in operationalizing program management governance and RACI.
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience working closely with senior executives and cross-functional partners to influence strategic agendas and operationalize key strategic initiatives.
- Willingness to “get one’s hands dirty” to deeply understand and drive program deliverables, write executive presentations and manage projects directly if applicable.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.