For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
We’re looking for an Associate Manager of Production Management for Athleta that will be responsible for supporting end-to-end production processes efficiently and effectively. In this role, you will work closely with the Product Management Manager, Inventory Planning and Merchandising partners to build and execute a robust responsive strategy including fabric platforming, float management, dedicated lines and seasonal bookings. Additionally, you will work to support direction for in-season product updates, providing analysis of delivery management, liability management and ad-hoc in-season challenges.You will manage ensuring that product is successfully booked and managed through the production lifecycle.
What you'll do
- Supports management of capacity with key suppliers and manages product and fabric commitments within product scope
- Lead booking and process management with cross-functional team and work closely with the product development teams to ensure buy and product readiness
- Supports building responsive strategy in line with business needs and partners close with GIS and suppliers on capacity needs and fabric positioning for the appropriate levers
- Partners closely with Inventory Management to readeact to the business in conjunction with supplier strategies and commitments
- Reviews and reports in-season deliveries, capacity, bookings and ad hoc challenges to cross-functional team
- Supports analyzing product and fabric leadtimes for opportunities for optimization and makes recommendations for responsive in partnership with Fabric R&D and GIS
- Manages all business channels and supports rollout of new markets (ex. Wholesale, Canada)
- Attends weekly business meetings & monthly OTB
- Partners with manager closely on delivery delays or in-season capacity shifts
- Review and troubleshoot bulk production product testing together with Product Quality team
- Manage on time deliveries by partnering with GIS and non-GIS vendors to manage exceptions to T/A calendars and Work-In Process reports
- Troubleshoot in season production issues
- Manage and report out on raw material liabilities
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3-7 years apparel production/sourcing experience, preferably performance experience
- Able to proactively troubleshoot and solve highly complex problems
- Strong understanding of production cycle timeline, capacity management, fabric/ garment construction and trade regulation
- Knowledge of product management calendar timelines and able to work against deadlines
- Demonstrated proactive problem solving skills, sound decision making, and an innovative thinker
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrates superior interpersonal skills, including the ability to create trust with cross functional teams
- Strong analytical skills
- Strategic agility and global perspective
- Strong negotiation skills with audiences of all levels
- High attention to detail and data accuracy
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and react to change in a composed, professional manner
- Sense of urgency in managing time and accomplishing tasks
- Basic retail math skills to determine costs, margins, turn, and other related metrics
- Cross-cultural sensitivity
- Computer skills: Microsoft Power Point, Excel, Word, Outlook. Web based applications; Assortment and Costing Tools, PLM -Product Lifecycle Management tool.
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Flexible attitude to change
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs