About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We’re looking for a Director of Corporate FP&A to join our team. This high visibility role works with teams across the entire organization to manage the company-wide monthly financial and inventory forecast process and communication of the forecast to key stakeholders, including Gap Inc. Executive Leadership and Board of Directors. The scope of this unique position creates opportunities to analyze and influence major decisions that impact all brands and functions in the Gap Inc. portfolio and help drive our business forward.
- Lead the Gap Inc. Monthly Forecast processes, which includes constructing corporate financial frameworks, coordinating timelines and deliverables across brands and functional areas, and developing the presentations for Executive Leadership and Board of Directors
- Identify key drivers of Gap Inc. financial performance and proactively communicate them to senior management
- Provide financial/business support to CFO, Treasury, Investor Relations, Corporate Controllers Group, and brand counterparts
- Manage the corporate inventory management approval process (Line of Credit), working closely with business partners within the brands as well as the Gap Inc. CFO to understand business dynamics and approve inventory commitments
- Provide analytical support and insight into leading indicators of business trends on sales, margin, inventory, traffic, and conversion across all brands, channels and geographies, including risk & opportunity assessments
- Oversee the production of timely executive flash reporting, enabling leadership to understand sales, comp, and margin trends as they develop
- Develop tops-down Inc. level demand forecasts based on macro environment factors, leveraging both internal and external sources of information
- Engage in regular dialogue with brand and functional counterparts to develop and maintain effective relationships and understand potential issues or conflicting priorities
- Continuously look for areas to improve the effectiveness of our forecasting activities and strive to streamline processes to ensure efficient workflow
- Lead, develop and motivate team of two managers and three analysts
Who you are
- Capable of effectively influencing business partners through diplomacy, building consensus, negotiating, and exercising leadership skills
- Organized, with demonstrated experience in owning, driving, and prioritizing multiple projects to completion
- Strategic, analytical, and structured thinker that possesses keen attention to detail and can articulate complex situations in a simple way
- Skilled at developing and delivering presentations to senior management and cross-functional groups in a professional, concise, and direct manner
- Expert in identifying sources of information from disparate sources to create or manage financial models and deliver comprehensive, objective, and actionable analysis
- Driven by a fast-paced environment that requires a strong work ethic, sense of urgency, flexibility, and commitment to deliver on deadlines
- Self-starter that anticipates problems, identifies opportunities, and provides creative solutions
- Team player with a positive attitude - open to cross-training and sharing team responsibilities
- 10+ years of experience in finance, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility, and with track record of developing and managing a team. Bachelor’s Degree in finance or related field, MBA, CFA, or CPA a plus
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs