About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
In this role, you will be responsible for being a key business partner to our Distribution Center team, through consultative relationships with leaders and their respective teams, acting as a trusted partner, change agent, and advisor to unlock potential, influence, and challenge to drive business results.The Human Resource Generalist will be instrumental in maintaining effective communication links between managers and employees and providing an attractive, challenging, and fun work environment.You will try fast, learn fast, think big by being a problem solver and driving towards solutions with speed.
What you'll do
- Interact daily with leaders and employees to ensure an open line of communication is maintained to identify and address any needs, and/or concerns as they arise.
- Formulate business strategies with respect to maintaining a diverse workforce, low turnover, and respect among all levels within the organization.
- Assist in the planning and delivery of programs and initiatives designed to strengthen performance culture with highly engaged teams.
- Partner with leadership team members by providing employee coaching to resolve performance issues.
- Administer, provide guidance, and assistance to employees relative to benefits and payroll.
- Responsible for some payroll functions, HRIS administration, and reporting.
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in legislation related to Human Resources and Employment law.
Who you are
- Minimum experience: 3 - 5 years Human Resources experience
- Must possess a sound knowledge of management-labor relations, employment law, practices and procedures within Human Resources Management
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to make sound, independent decisions
- Must possess leadership skills (initiative, self-starter, influential, and drive)
- PC skills; Microsoft Office Suite and/or other software/database skills
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs