For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
The strategy function at Athleta is a critical part of defining our path forward. Through rigorous analysis, focus on the competition and customer, creative thinking, and deep partnership with the key stakeholders across the business, we help drive profitable growth and increased market share.
As Director, you will be charged with managing critical projects to advance our priorities, growth, and long range planning. You will be in the unique position to connect broadly with leaders in the brand, and bring together the best strategic thinking to drive our brand forward. You will manage a team and will work cross-functionally both within Athleta, as well as with our Corporate Strategy team at Gap, Inc. You will be instrumental in setting and driving brand strategy as well as exploring new business development to drive long-term, value-creating opportunities for the Athleta brand.
- Identify white space opportunities and drive innovation in customer experience through new business models and/or new capabilities
- Lead development of annual Long Range Plan, including development of cross-functional strategies and initiatives
- Serve as a thought partner and liaison with business partners within Athleta and across Gap Inc. Corporate Strategy, including proactively identifying and communicating business issues and sharing best practices
- Serve as a mentor / leader for more junior team members to support work planning, hypotheses generation, issue identification, analytical framework development, and career development/growth
- Drive insights and build knowledge of key market, competitor, and consumer dynamics
- Analyze competitor strategies and performance to identify threats/opportunities across channels and geographies
- Mine consumer insights data to identify actionable opportunities for Gap Inc.
- Support cross-functional business partners with analytic insights and problem solving
Who you are
- 8+ years of professional work experience, preferably with experience in strategic management consulting
- Team leadership experience with multiple direct reports
- Demonstrated track record as an outstanding problem-solver and strategic thinker
- Comfort with analytical and financial modeling
- Able to quickly identify key issues and develop hypotheses
- Strong written and oral communicator with proven ability to connect with senior executives
- Strong ability and willingness to collaborate effectively; works well with others and is considered a true team player
- Strong project and process management skills, including ability to independently disaggregate problems into defined workplans
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs