About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Job As a technical lead, work with Products and Technical team on requirements and designs for each agile iteration, work on technical designs and communicate out proposals with the Technical team and Business partners, develop feature enhancements and defects, work on deliverables for the business that require cross-functional collaboration, mentor the team on devops and best practices that need to be implemented by the team, have members within the team report to you.
Requirements: Either Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or a related field with 3 years of experience in the job offered or a related occupation OR Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or a related field with 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience in the job offered or a related job occupation.
Who you are
Experience and/or education must include:
- Java, Python;
- Microsoft SQL;
- Big Data Procesing: Hadoop, Spark, or Splunk
- Message Queing Technology: Rabbit MQ or Kafka
- Rest API
- Microsoft AAS Tools;
- Distributed Systems
- Data Visualization Tool: e.g. Power BI;
- Cloud Experience: e.g. Microsoft Azure,
- DevOps Experience; and
- Cross-Functional team experience.
Job Location: 550 Terry Francois St, San Francisco, CA 94158
Requisition No.: 358057
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs