About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
As the Manager, Talent Development for Field Learning you are part of the Gap Inc Talent Development team, you will connect business outcomes to capability development and deployment in order to drive a high-performance workforce. By providing talent development expertise, you will unleash leadership potential to enable our talent strategies and practices.
In this individual contributor role, you will have broad scope and utility, specifically partnering with Centralized Operations Teams, HR Business Partners, Brand Leadership, and People and Culture team to diagnose opportunities in process & capabilities. . You will actively search, creatively design and implement effective methods to educate, enhance, and recognize performance. The outcome you will drive is a high-performance workforce that supports the demands of Field growth.
What you'll do
- Partner with Talent Development to lead the design and execution of learning solutions that meet business needs grounded in adult learning theories and leadership development.
- Identify opportunities to accelerate performance, developing behavioral progressions that enable employees to perform in roles throughout their careers.
- Prepares presentations decks, spreadsheet analyses and other documents to present new learning solutions, measurements and findings
- Manages and updates projects and program development of in house and new content using instructional design methods, industry-leading research and innovation.
- Integrates inclusivity into learning solutions and talent practices to foster a sense of belonging and equality for all
- Develop workshop training materials, job aids, tools and other dynamic and interactive learning solutions
- Plans, manages and coordinates training and program logistics and successfully facilitate and coach blended training workshops (in person and virtual) with strong diagnostic skills (listening, probing and analyzing)
Who you are
- You are a continuous learner, a high achiever and “strategic doer”, comfortable working with all levels in a fast paced, agile environment.
- You possess grit and organizational savvy to build relationships across the company, understand the business environment, and deliver results on your own through your influential power.
- You have technical experience in adult learning theories and instructional design and leadership development; you are a masterful facilitator and coach with strong diagnostic skills (listening, probing, analyzing).
- You have 3-5 years of experience in Learning & Development, Talent Development, Talent Management or related experience in delivering high-impact development results.
- You have strong technical skills in graphic design and video editing (Adobe CC, VYond), eLearning solutions (Articulate 360) and high proficiency in Microsoft Suite, Zoom, and LMS software.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs