About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Graphic Designer is responsible for designing marketing materials for the following mediums: Advertising (Mobile and Desktop Homepages, Email and Print), Direct Mail, Promotions, and Relationship Marketing - all aligned with the brand aesthetic. These materials will be used to communicate directly with the customer and enhance the overall customer experience both in and outside the stores. The Graphic Designer will find creative solutions for marketing and branding objectives specified by the Art Director and/or Account teams. They will present thorough and well-developed recommendations to meet the given objectives. They are part of the creative process and will be expected to help lead the process with their knowledge, experience and expertise in design.
What you'll do
- Actively participate and help drive the creative process by presenting thorough and well-developed recommendations to meet the given objectives. Offer inspired creative solutions. This will, at times, be done working independently of art director and often account partners.
- Work directly with other departments to help solve problems, find answers and meet final objectives. Build a consensus with these business partners towards a solution.
- Independently identify issues and resolutions quickly and thoroughly.
- Build electronic files with an attention to detail to ensure smooth transition of artwork to production studio. Communicate design intent to studio counterparts.
- Review color and final film composition.
- Participate in developing realistic time lines. Work from production schedules and status to manage time and prioritize daily workload. Ensure work is completed on time.
Who you are
- Background in graphic design. Ability to be both creative and technical.
- Operational proficiency in PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator.
- Knowledge of the printing process.
- Organized, with the ability to manage numerous projects, tight turnaround times, scheduling conflicts, revisions and technical challenges effectively.
- Foresight with special projects to tailor and redefine the process as needed.
- Art and style awareness
- Work independently
- Minimum education level: BA in graphic design or related area.
- Minimum experience: 3-5 years experience working in advertising or graphic design environment.
- Maintain professional demeanor despite unscheduled work, revisions and short timetables.
- Enthusiasm for the creative and technical processes.
- Ability to respond effectively and appropriately to creative feedback.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs