For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
Athleta’s expansion into Canada is a key component of our growth strategy and a critical milestone in driving our brand forward. The Brand Marketing Manager, Canada will help lead the Canada omni-channel seasonal marketing strategy, planning and implementation, ensuring successful launch and sustained brand growth in the Canadian market. Key goals include driving brand awareness, acquiring new customers and creating an emptional connection to the brand. Responsible for understanding the Canada market and target customer, with the ability to discern what types of strategies and messaging will be relevant and motivating to the customer, balancing Global brand initiatives with the needs of the Canada market. This role will also support the execution of the Canada annual and seasonal Commercial Plan.
What you'll do
- Be the voice of the customer. Lead Canada seasonal omni-channel hindsighting and competitive analyses to inform seasonal marketing strategies
- Own and drive analytics to help us grow customer base
- Partner with customer insights team to inform Canada seasonal marketing strategies. Oversee / drive consumer insights, customer feedback (NPS, etc.)
- Serve as a liaison with the broader marketing organization to ensure best practices / learnings are adopted. Work closely with all marketing functions. Acts a the liaison between Brand Marketing and Marketing Vehicle teams
- Provide Canada specific inputs to Brand Marketing team for seasonal briefs (e.g. Canada specific holidays, category investment differences, seasonal timing differences, etc.)
- Understand product and marketing pipelines, and work closely with leadership, buying team, and marketing to build and execute a compelling commercial plan strategy that addresses the differences of the Canadian Market
- Manage updates and disseminate overall marketing calendar changes, both pre-season and in-season for key stakeholders
- Responsible for ensuring plan / budget supports customer forecast (works with CRM team to track / manage)
Who you are
- 5+ years brand marketing strategy and planning experience with fashion/apparel, consumer brand and/or marketing agency
- Brings Canada-relevant experience, with a deep understanding of the market
- Omni-channel brand marketing experience with a strong understanding of retail, catalog, and digital marketing
- Excellent annual and seasonal brand marketing strategy development and execution experience with proven track record of driving strong business results
- Desire to build a new market and aptitude for original, creative ideas; open-minded to new approaches with the customer always in mind
- Extremely flexible, detail-oriented, organized and self-motivated with leadership skills
- Commercial planning experience
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs