About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Senior Propduction Artist is responsible for the production of on-time, error-free, and properly constructed mechanicals. Key requirements for this role include a strong sense of design to support conceptual development, expert knowledge of current design software, and the ability to communicate effectively with business partners.
What you'll do
- Create on-time, error-free, and properly constructed artwork and mechanicals
- Support and defend the creative concept throughout the production process
- Continually manage, and work to improve, the quality of department deliverables
- Collaborate with brand, creative, and production partners throughout the process to facilitate seamless execution and creative excellence
- Assume primary ownership for projects from creative hand-off through final delivery
- Adhere to print / web quality standards and proofing / sign-off procedures to ensure error-free deliverables
- Create mechanical mock-ups for proofing purposes as necessary
- Adhere to naming and back-up procedures to ensure proper archiving of digital assets
- Deliver final artwork to business partners and / or suppliers
- Maintain personal daily and weekly production schedule
- Actively participate in creative / production handoff meetings
- Gather and record information from business partners and suppliers that facilitates efficient studio workflow through Production
- Participate in the review of internal and external proofs
Who you are
- Design sensibility, coupled with the desire and skill to be a strong creative partner
- Uncompromising attention to detail and maintenance of the highest degree of quality
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud + Zeplin for online
- Strong working knowledge of business application software (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of printing platforms and web standards (Lithography, Screen Print, Responsive Design, etc.)
- Ability to bring together different points of view without conflict
- Organizational skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize workload and manage time
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to apply past learning to present situations
- Constant drive to gain additional knowledge to improve skill set
- Ability to juggle mechanical and other duties without compromising quality or timing
- Hands-on technical production experience, college degree
- Design / Pre Press / Printing / Digital Asset Management experience is desirable
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs