About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Gap Inc.’s Operations Strategy team sets and drives our operational strategy, optimization and operational transformation within Operations and our portfolio of brands to fuel growth profitably. Your work will impact millions of customers who are passionate about our iconic brands. We partner with stakeholders across the entire company to help optimize the way we work and how our >1B garments are developed and delivered.
We are looking for a seasoned strategic leader to lead a pillar of our Operations Strategy team, focusing on our 3-year journey to transform our omni stores operating model across our portfolio of brands. We are looking for a leader to drive the vision, strategy, project management, and change management associated with this complex body of multiple projects across many cross-functional stakeholders. This leader will lead a team of seasoned strategy, program management and change management professionals.
You are a strategic thinker who is also excited to learn details and ensure the operations can support the strategy. You are a strong team leader and a change leader who can navigate a complex organization. You are adept at navigating tough discussions with leaders, managing through ambiguity, and holding stakeholders accountable.
What you'll do
- Lead a team of Operations Strategy members, overseeing operations strategy and large scale program management in support of our stores operating model transformation.
- Develop strategic roadmaps for field organizations and impact upstream functions, including people, process and tools, based on your deep understanding of today’s operations, possible futures, and the ROI for potential initiatives.
- Interact with brand and HQ partners to understand their strategic and business priorities. Proactively foster brand and business partner relationships to collaborate or gain buy-in on analyses and process recommendations.
- Develop and continuously improve the transformation governance model, including forums, stakeholders, scope, cadence and RACI. Partner with Communications and HR on communications strategy and execution for PMO and change management purposes. Design and deliver best-in-class and simple program management approaches to help stakeholders manage program deliverables, interdependencies, risks and issues.
- Engage with brand and functional senior leaders as a strategic thought partner to develop and devise scope, structure and approach to delivering value with a new or existing initiative.
- Anticipate roadblocks and proactively address issues before they impact business results. Ensure relevant programs/projects are on track, including budget, timeline and scope.
Who you are
- +10 years of professional experience; experience in strategy/management consulting, retail/consumer products or similar strategic role preferred.
- Experience with field and/or store operations; experience with inventory management and logistics a plus
- Experience with leading change: transformation and implementation work, including process re-engineering and change management.
- Strong critical thinking and business curiosity, including exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills, strong ability to work with complex and detailed data to drive insights and decisions.
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience working closely with senior executives and cross-functional partners to influence strategic agendas and operationalize key strategic initiatives.
- Aptitude and willingness to “get one’s hands dirty” and conduct financial and operational modeling, write executive presentations and manage projects directly.
- Comfort with ambiguity and a dynamic business landscape.
- Proven and motivational leader with excellent managerial skills and a keen interest in developing team members.
- Fluency in developing and delivering executive-facing presentations.
- Experience managing third parties.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs