About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Gap Inc.’s Global Real Estate Finance & Strategy team provides strategic and analytical support to the Gap, Inc. portfolio of brands including Gap, Banana Republic, Athleta, and Old Navy in over 10 countries globally. We are dedicated to all brands and are responsible for making strategic investment decisions for the company’s fleet of retail stores.
We are currently seeking a Real Estate Finance – Sr. Analyst of Brand Strategy to contribute to strategic and analytical initiatives within the Gap Inc. global real estate portfolio. The ideal candidate has a strong financial background and a keen interest in real estate finance and portfolio management. The Real Estate Finance – Sr. Analyst of Brand Strategy is responsible for driving strategic real estate decisions through in-depth analysis, synthesizing quantitative as well as qualitative data into coherent fact-based recommendations.
What you'll do
- Support the development of brand real estate strategies and strategic initiatives for growth and fleet rationalization
- Support near term and long term strategic planning efforts for all brands at the market and store level (i.e. market planning, growth strategy, fleet rationalizations)
- Analyze global real estate portfolio actions though evaluation of business and real estate trends, sales forecasting, financial modeling, and return on investment metrics
- Develop business cases for investment decisions in collaboration with Real Estate Field, Store Design and Development, Store Operations, Finance, and Legal business partners
- Present strategies and recommendations to peer group in real estate and at the brand
- Responsible for ad hoc projects, reporting, and analysis as needed
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners at all levels of the organization
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree preferred, MBA or CPA a plus
- 3-5 years experience in real estate, finance, or strategy; retail and/or real estate industry experience a plus
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of cash flows and investment planning metrics
- Strong financial modeling skills and ability to deliver susicint findings from large data sets
- Ability to work both independently and cross-functionally across multiple projects
- Adept written and verbal communication abilities
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, experience with PowerPoint and/or data visualization/analytics a plus
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs