About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Head of Human Resources will be responsible for the development and delivery of the talent strategy as part of the business planning process for the Strategic Growth Office (SGO). The SGO is accountable for establishing the long-term strategic direction of Gap Inc. and includes functional areas such as Enterprise Strategy and Corporate Development; Business Operations; Governance, Reporting and Program Management; Environmental Sustainability and Governance; and Government Affairs.
The Head of Human Resources will be a key business partner to the Gap Inc. Chief Growth Transformation Officer (CGTO) and will define, build and manage a team of HRBLs for this newly defined business team, directly accountable for delivering many aspects of the company’s long-term strategies. This role reports into the Head of Human Resources for Growth, Operations, Digital & Tech and Company Functions, participate on several leadership teams. This role has a high level of accountability and requires collaboration across the People & Culture function to deliver results for the business.
What you'll do
- Develop and lead the implantation of the talent strategy for the Strategic Growth Office for Gap Inc.; Build and develop a highly skilled an specialized team of HR professionals to support the needs of these business areas, with a multi-year horizon of growth.
- Assess and drive key talent development, retention planning, and succession planning process that supports the needs of the business in partnership with Talent Management, enabling a leveraged HR operating model.
- Manage the employee value proposition for SGO employees through all facets of the employee lifecycle. Drive talent practices that motivate and engage the workforce and aligns with Gap Inc. philosophy and SGO business goals.
- Ensure all talent practices are focused on creating an inclusive work environment and partner with Diversity Business Partner to deliver on our Equality and Belonging commitments.
- Supports and guides the SGO Leadership Team on people and organizational issues: collectively, directly, and through matrix management throughout the organization.
- Provides leadership on all aspects of organizational effectiveness, including performance management, on-boarding, coaching, employee relations, talent assessment, employee culture and engagement, etc.
- Continue to review and refine roles and responsibilities of functions and cross-functions to ensure the optimal organizational structure to support business growth and collaboration as appropriate; champions and personally demonstrates Gap Inc. and function culture, values and ethics.
Who you are
- High level of personal and professional integrity and ethics (authentic, compassionate, genuine and honest); excellent communicator; good listening skills; skilled problem solver and negotiator; hands-on practitioner and strategic thinker.
- Comfortable driving change initiatives and embracing innovation in face of ambiguity and complexity – strong OD/OE skillset.
- Proven strategic mindset balanced with strong operational and implementation expertise; drive for results and desire to win.
- Proven ability to assess talent (internal and external) and experience with workforce planning.
- Ability to influence up, down, and across multiple functions/areas in a matrixed organization. Build, lead, and motivate teams and partners remotely as a team-oriented leader and player. Resolves conflict in a direct manner that maintains good relationships.
- Welcomes a diversity of ideas, approaches, and points of view. Maintains a global perspective and is culturally sensitive and aware (adjusts personal style to different cultures and styles of work).
- 12-15 years HR Experience required. Retail stores, digital or brand experience preferred; College degree; ability to travel as needed
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs