Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
Gap Inc.’s Global Real Estate Finance & Strategy team provides strategic and analytical support to the Gap, Inc. portfolio of brands including Gap, Banana Republic, Athleta, and Old Navy in over 10 countries globally. We are dedicated to all brands and are responsible for making strategic investment decisions for the company’s fleet of retail stores.
We are currently seeking a Real Estate Finance – Director of Brand Strategy to contribute to strategic and analytical initiatives within the Gap Inc. global real estate portfolio. The ideal candidate has a strong financial background and a keen interest in real estate finance and portfolio management. The Real Estate Finance – Director of Brand Strategy is responsible for managing a team that drives strategic real estate decisions through in-depth analysis, synthesizing quantitative as well as qualitative data into coherent fact-based recommendations.
What you'll do
- Lead 3-year strategic Market Planning efforts for all brands at the market and store level
- Develop near term and long term brand real estate strategies and strategic initiatives for growth and fleet rationalization
- Manage a team that analyzes global real estate portfolio actions though evaluation of business and real estate trends, sales forecasting, financial modeling, and return on investment metrics
- Develop business cases for investment decisions in collaboration with Real Estate Field, Store Design and Development, Store Operations, Finance, and Legal business partners
- Review and present recommendations to real estate and brand senior leaders in monthly real estate meetings
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners at all levels of the organization
- Manage a team of up to four direct and skip-level reports
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree preferred, MBA or CPA a plus
- 8-10 years experience in real estate, finance, or strategy; retail and/or real estate industry experience a plus
- Strong financial acumen and stragetic orientation with ability to deliver susicint, executive level findings from large data sets
- Ability to project manage and drive results as leader of cross-functional teams
- Adept written and verbal communication abilities, including executive level story-telling
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint functions, data visualization/analytics experience a plus
- Experienced people leader (3-5 years) with track record of building talent
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs