About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We’re looking for a Human Resources Generalist to be responsible for managing employee relations matters to ensure employees are treated fairly, provided with competitive wages, benefits and sound working conditions. Also, responsible for maintaining strong communication links between managers and employees; and providing an attractive, challenging, and fun environment in which to work. Interact daily with management and employees to insure an open line of communication is maintained in order to identify and address any issues, needs, and/or concerns as they arise.
What you'll do
- Assist with recruitment and interviewing both non-exempt and exempt employees.
- Conduct all investigations (discrimination, sexual harassment, and employee disputes) and facilitate management towards a resolution.
- Formulate business strategies with respect to maintaining a diverse workforce, low turnover, and respect among all levels within the organization.
- Provide guidance and assistance to employees relative to their benefits, payroll, LOA’s.
- HR Providing guidance and interpretation of current employment law. Interface with government agencies, educational institutions, and Human Resources Organizations for the purpose of keeping abreast of new legislation, changes in the Human Resources field as well as to establishing a network within the HR community.
- Conduct exit interviews and attend unemployment hearings.
- Develop and maintain open lines of communication with Corporate and other distribution centers in order to share ideas, and develop solutions to existing programs, policies and procedures.
Who you are
BA/BS, preferably in Human Resources or related field.
5 years Human Resources experience; Distribution experience preferred. Must possess a sound knowledge of management-labor relations, employment law, practices and procedures within Human Resources Management.
Must possess leadership skills (initiative, self-starter, influential, and drive) exhibiting the ability to make sound independent decisions and have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
Must possess technical skills (i.e. Excel, Word, Kronos, PeopleSoft) and strong analytical/problem solving skills.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs