About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Vice President, eCommerce Operations is responsible for defining the eCommerce Operations vision, translating that into key strategies and building organizational capabilities to execute effectively & consistently. In this role, you’ll optimize existing efforts, as well as identify new opportunities to effectively utilize our digital operations, setting the vision and growth strategy for delivering seamless eCommerce and digital experience resulting in financial growth and increased profitability and aligning with long-term corporate strategies.
You will establish and manage the eCommerce Ops budget by revenue planning and forecasting. You will actively and effectively partner with brand leaders to design and deliver on the brand e-commerce strategy while optimizing for the enterprise. You will analyze customer behavior, site metrics, and related findings to sales/site performance; stay on top of industry and technology trends, and present recommended strategies for evolving current and future business capabilities based upon findings.
This position reports to the SVP, Digital and works in partnership with other central teams and brand executive leadership. You will provide direct organizational leadership for the areas of Mission Control, Photo Studio, and Web Content Development, leading our teams to be customer-focused, innovative, fast and results-oriented, while constantly pushing for efficiency gains. You will model collaborative ways of working across multiple brands and functions. This leader is a role model and a mentor for teams spanning a diverse set of functions as well as a trusted advisor for business leaders.
This key strategic role will help shape the future of E-commerce Operations for Gap Inc.
This role leads the eCommerce Operations teams including Mission Control, PhotoStudio and Web Content Development (WCD). This role interfaces with business leaders across brands and functions and works very closely with the Customer, Digital, and Technology functions to path strategy to execution. There is organizational complexity working across all these groups and matrices.
What you'll do
- Act as a trusted thought leader with brand and function leadership to inform and influence business strategies; Identify new business opportunities in eCommerce, evaluate ROI, resource requirements, and initiative timelines
- Use customer insights and provide expertise in related industry trends to inspire innovation and growth for our brands and company, identifying solutions that focus on the customer’s relationships with brands and across channels
- Set priorities and integrates department initiatives into enterprise e-commerce business priorities; Drive strategy and lead execution to build a clear and compelling storyline to stakeholders that drive prioritized action
- Partner with Finance to drive the right strategic decisions and investments, including the annual planning process, propose financial investment strategies for product roadmaps and manage financial spend against projects
- Build, lead and grow a strong operations leadership team that is innovative, driven and commercially minded; Create a strong community of practice, and leverage strengths and talent across organizations
- Set clear expectations and provide ongoing feedback and development opportunities for individuals throughout the function of the op; Provide one-on-one coaching to leadership to help resolve problems and strengthen their leadership skills
- Lead and motivate cross-functional teams and drive for strong collaboration across multiple functions and partners; Build a learning culture by encouraging operational leaders to develop top talent by providing on the job training and support
Who you are
- 10+ years of progressive digital/ eCommerce operations experience
- Experience in the retail industry, specifically with Omni-Channel
- Experience managing large teams in a multi-faceted, global company. Proven leadership skills surrounding change management and organization development
- BA/BS degree or equivalent; MBA or technical degree a plus
- Strong communication and partnering skills – experience communicating e-commerce strategies and tradeoffs to diverse audiences, including the executive level
- Excellent analytical and commercial experience – a track record of driving business value by understanding business impacts and making data-driven decisions
- Desire and ability to work in a matrixed organization
- Strong leadership abilities, including the ability to develop talent and build a high performing team
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs