About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
As a team member of the Gap Tech organization with a focus on Workforce Management applications, we’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will lead in requirement gathering and technical discussions. This role will be leading the conception, creation and delivery of quality software utilizing Agile and Dev/Ops Practices such as Automation, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration & Delivery, and story-based iterative development utilizing cutting-edge technologies. This individual will work closely with product managers and business support teams to support our workforce management solution and to assist with critical production issues and improve business processes with the latest technology stack.
This individual proactively stays current on the latest in technology and methodology in the market and be able to perform proof of concepts to better understand how they fit into the Gap landscape and to apply usefulness and effectiveness to the organization upon adoption. The role is responsible for technical and architecture implementation against the agreed scope and qualifies of the end product delivered. The key business partners that will work closely with this team member are the Product Architect, Technical Manager, Product Manager, Scrum Master and other Technical Leads in order to balance product architecture and to meet the delivery timeline
- Works collaboratively with technical and business team members to design, develop and maintain the Workforce Management application and solution following Agile development principles and practices.
- Services as application SME for the Workforce Management Application.
- Lead engineering teams in designing and developing applications with an eye towards simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, performance and re-use. Provides technical expertise in the areas of architecture, design, implementation, and testing
- Develop and review software for large complex business problems within and across projects or within one of more systems.
- Work with project teams, external providers and support teams to assume timely resolution to production and project issues.
- With a DevOps mindset, improve the overall quality of the product leveraging clean code, test automation, CI/CD practices and smart monitoring.
Who you are
- 8+ years of software development experience with workforce and labor planning domains.
- Experience leading teams, onboarding and mentoring new team members, conducting code reviews and signing off stories.
- Candidates must have an in-depth understanding of the Infor Workforce Management application and can work with external providers to support the Infor/WFM solution for the store associates.
- Experience designing cloud-based, service-oriented architectures and distributed systems (Azure and AWS preferred).
- Experience with messaging (e.g. MQ Series, JMS, etc.) and event-driven architecture, Kafka and other integration patterns.
- Experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP), SQLs (Oracle, MS SQL databases) and shell scripts.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs