About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Manager, Digital Merchandising is responsible for the creation of a comprehensive seasonal framework that aligns product strategies with financial goals, ensuring that end to end sales, gross margin, and inventory strategies hit divisional and ONOL plans. Lead a team of Digital Merchandisers, and Assistant Digital Merchandisers to create a compelling seasonal framework by division that aligns product strategies with financial goals. Partner and collaborate with Global Merchandising to ensure the seasonal, global assortment meets the online customer and business needs. Accountable for the category site merchandising strategies, ensuring alignment with the product, financial and marketing goals. Successfully coach and develop a Digital Merchandising team.
What you'll do
- Manage the development, execution and communication of the management of inventory that supports the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives of a division within Old Navy Online
- Accountable for the development and communication of divisional product strategies that align with financial goals for the season.
- Manage the financial success of a division by meeting sales, GM, and inventory goals.
- Accountable for monthly OTB forecast for a division, and partner with the ONOL Strategy team to identify financial risk and solutions to hit sales and inventory plans.
- Manage divisional pricing recommendations and strategies that align with the financials plans
- Manage the development of seasonal hindsight and the strategic opportunities use to inform pre-line.
- Drive for continual innovation and improvement--recommend strategies to be leveraged across divisions and departments.
- Drive innovation in all milestones through the ability to influence business partners
- Manage the development of strategic vision for category positional across the division with perspective to the overall business.
- Manage the identification of areas of opportunity to make meaningful investment shifts supported by marketing and site execution.
- Manage and support strategic product vision that delivers against assortment.
- Lead team through web management to create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and intuitive category navigation and clear and accurate product details.
- Partner with product and design teams to communicate knowledge and understanding of the customer experience as it relates to product, shopping paths, experience and interaction with marketing.
- Partner with a cross-functional team to deliver on a strategically defined linking strategy that aligns to marketing ideas (tied to investment) to optimize conversation and drive the customer to the best possible site experience.
- Deliver on best in class product assortment architecture across the division.
- Drive best in class experiences across both mobile and desktop supported by a deep knowledge of technical features and functionality with an understanding how the site functions (limitations and opportunities)
- Motivate, build and develop skills of the team
- Collaborate with business partners to prevent re-work, redundancies, and inefficiency
- Foster open communication and a team environment with all business partners
- Hold self and others accountable for work commitments and outcomes
- Manage operational leadership – ensure balanced workload, facilitate divisional and cross-functional meetings as appropriate, regulate project timelines and ensure all deliverables are met
Who you are
- BA or BS Preferred
- 3-6 years’ merchandising, retail buying, or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of managing a team
- Business Acumen/Drives Results; Embodies curiosity and takes action to drive results, digging into the business to find opportunities for improvement. Asks the right questions of the team to uncover business opportunities. Possess a clear understanding of financial measurements and how to impact them.
- Customer Focus; Demonstrate knowledge of the target customer and of product trends
- Strategic Orientation; Creates strategies in own area and implements improvements for the future. Create & drive dept.(s) strategies. Defines plan within larger strategy
- Innovation Cultivator; exceptional ability to problem solve, develop creative solutions, and demonstrate resourcefulness.
- Learning Agility; Demonstrate growth mindset. Motivated to learn new skills & knowledge. Build technical skills of direct reports, if applicable. Shares best practices with broader team
- Strong Talent Builder skills; Actively supports individual development of own team members. Set challenging development goals and provide immediate feedback on performance
- Ability to lead and guide a team through change
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, works wells as part of a cross-functional team with the ability to collaborate, influence, and interact at all levels of the organization.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs