About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We are looking for a Transportation Leader who can help set and drive Gap Inc.’s Air Freight strategy and optimize inbound air and franchise networks to support brand growth. In this role, you will help identify key industry trends and innovations, as well as assess opportunities to improve our end-to-end capabilities to bring the right solutions to our customers in a faster, more efficient and seamless way. Additionally, you will have direct accountability for performance and budget management. You’ll collaborate, influence, and strategize with cross-functional partners to understand business priorities, design business solutions, and lead implementation across our portfolio of brands. You will be responsible for detailed analyses, executive level presentations, and stakeholder management to drive alignment and buy-in of said strategies and plans. We are looking for someone who loves to “get one’s hands dirty”, problem solve, and drive change across the organization.
What you'll do
- Accountable for performance and budget management of air and franchise operations. Anticipate roadblocks and proactively address issues before they impact business results. Build and maintain contingency plans that mitigate business disruption.
- Own and manage strategic projects, leading cross-functional teams in evaluation of hypotheses, strategic analysis / planning, and operational execution to further Gap Inc. cost, service, and growth goals. This leader will directly oversee the the transformation of our Air Freight Network.
- Evaluate the performance of current operations and recommend strategies to achieve business goals. Stay abreast of and share industry, competitor, and consumer behavior trends that can impact Gap Inc. and Operations service and cost KPI’s.
- Develop capacity strategies and optimize the logistics network and processes for new and existing businesses.
- Build and maintain internal and external relationships with key business partners to execute against our brand vision and service level agreements.
- Lead and develop a team through coaching, goal setting, and empowerment. Build transportation leadership bench to support Gap Inc. growth and business continuity.
Who you are
- Business Acumen: Robust experience in operations, supply chain, product to market processes for apparel retail specifically international air freight, airport and deconsolidation operations, and other relevant experience.
- Experience leading long term change initiatives to dynamically influence others and drive decision-making. This includes the ability to develop and analyze transportation models.
- Data Management & Analytical capabilities in leveraging broad and complex datasets to inform business process and Standard Operating Procedures. Fluency in Excel and PPT; adept at directly analyzing data and developing executive-facing presentations. Aptitude and willingness to manage detail.
- Comfort with ambiguity and a dynamic business landscape. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize, and adapt to a changing environment. Strong critical thinking and business curiosity, including exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience: 7-10 Years of progressive Transportation and Logistics Experience, 5+ Years Retail Shipping Experience including Network Design, 5+ years Project Management Experience, 5+ years professional experience leading others. Logistics systems user experience (TMS, WMS, Freight Optimization, Load Planning) preferred
- Education: BA/BS Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or related field or equivalent industry experience.
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree preferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs