About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
As an External Loss Prevention Lead, you are responsible for applying your Loss Prevention expertise to identify and resolve external activity. You execute the Old Navy Loss Prevention Strategy and territoryegion plans to protect stores from safety, theft, fraud, cyber and security threats. You will take a proactive approach in identifying and resolving habitual offender activity. You will work closely with various levels of management and brand associates to identify potential patterns and sources of external loss. You will influence the field organization by teaching, coaching, and inspiring leaders in the area of Loss Prevention through training, communication and awareness programs. You will create external partnership including, but not limited to Local-State-Federal Law Enforcement, District Attorneys, and peer retailers. You will lead high level external investigation efforts involving both internal and external business partners. You provide expertise and build capabilities to ensure understanding and how to apply the Habitual Offender Strategy.
What you'll do
- Shortage Reduction / Investigations 80%
- Drive the Protection of our business by continually analyzing potential threats, developing proactive plans to deal with those threats.
- Responsible for managing the investigative process from detecting the existence of external theft and fraud through data and intelligence including LPRM reporting, Dashboards, ORC Reporting, BOLO’s and other business metrics.
- Conduct and/or support company investigations (internal theft, external theft, security, fraud, and cyber threats) and proactively monitor controls through Intelligence and reporting.
- Aggressively utilize loss prevention reporting tools to identify and resolve external activity.
- Support major case development by building silver platter cases from development through resolution.
- Present silver platter cases to Law Enforcement and/or Prosecuting Attorney’s.
- Conduct static and mobile surveillance, including fencing operations.
- Apprehend and/or prosecute habitual offenders who pose a direct safety risk.
- Proactively monitor controls to identify potential causes of habitual offender activity within specific locations.
- Training and Awareness 20%
- Effectively communicate and partner (teach, coach, and inspire) throughout area of responsibility to execute LP, safety, and operations.
- Work closely with all levels of employees to communicate external trends by reinforcing customer service and incident reporting.
- Communicate Habitual Offender activity to field and store management.
- Conduct Brand Protection Visits in high risk locations in partnership with (Sr.) LPM.
- Train store leadership on effective utilization of CCTV.
- Training Law Enforcement and Prosecuting Attorney’s on the impact of Organized Retail Crime.
- Publish monthly and quarterly trends and results to store and field leadership.
Who you are
- 2 plus years of retail experience required, Loss Prevention experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred.
- Flexible to work days, nights, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to travel as required by business, including overnight.
- Physically able to maneuver around sales floor, fixtures, and backroom.
- Must be able to walk and be on feet for extended periods of time.
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs