About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Director of Retention Marketing will drive the strategy and execution of programs to increase the lifetime value of Banana Republic customers. As the most senior growth person, this role will report to X and be responsible for developing customer segmentation models, contact strategies, and process improvements designed to lead the evolution of the CRM program from batch-and-blast into a true data driven, ROI focused, personalized lifecycle marketing program.
What you'll do
- Drive customer segmentation, targeting, and contact strategies designed to drive retention, loyalty, and overall LTV through earned, owned and paid channels.
- Oversee, execute, and optimize Banana Republic’s email program to drive engagement and sales through triggered and transactional campaigns.
- Develop a comprehensive testing program to optimize performance around customer engagement and conversion across different customer cohorts.
- Manage improvements to email processes, templates and/or functionality and be the in-house expert on email strategies and industry best practices.
- Optimize the customer journey by creating personalized contact strategy and developing reactivation strategies at key points and pre-emptive strategies to retain customers.
- Partner with eComm team to maximize customer LTV through site experience.
- Partner with Business Analytics team to structure and oversee data projects.
- Work with Creative team to develop a thorough understanding of what resonates with customers.
- Develop and maintain customer dashboards and reporting for leadership.
- Manage a team to high performance.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or similar field. MBA preferred.
- 8+ years direct emailetention marketing management experience at an eComm retailer, preferably focused in the apparel industry.
- Extensive experience in developing marketing strategies, executing, measuring, testing, and delivering on performance targets.
- Understand email standards and regulations such as SPF, CAN-SPAM, and GDPR and experience working within email platforms, ecommerce platforms (Salesforce), data and CRM management.
- Data obsessed and Excel whiz experienced analyzing customer data sets and creating action plans based on results.
- Demonstrated leadership in implementing and managing high-value projects within growth marketing and retention to achieve business goals and strategies.
- Experience managing a team including hiring, coaching, training, and developing employees to high performance.
- Experience overseeing and managing budgets, forecasts and departmental P&L.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs