About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
As an iOS Lead Engineer, you’ll work with an Agile product team to build mobile apps for millions of Gap brands’ customers. You’ll partner with a product manager to set goals and technical direction for the team, and leverage your knowledge of the iOS ecosystem to delight our customers with high-quality mobile applications. The software quality bar is high at GapTech, you’ll use best-in-class tools for build automation, code coverage, contract testing, test-driven development, continuous integration, and build tooling. You’ll guide the team in the analysis of relevant metrics to instill a sense of accountability and analysis as part of GapTech's DevOps journey.
What you'll do
- Lead an Agile Software Product team, participate in team rituals to develop customer-centric, sustainable, apps.
- Collaborate with Senior Developers and Product Owners on the team to define, design, build and ship new features.
- Likewise, focus on quality is paramount at GapTech – code coverage, test automation, code reviews, etc. will be part of your daily routine.
- Integrate iOS eCommerce apps with a variety of SDKs and peripherals for printing, scanning, payments, etc.
- Monitor and manage team performance, coaching and developing junior engineers.
- Participate in hiring activities including screening and interviewing both Full-Time employees and contractors.
Who you are
- Above all, you possess a deep knowledge of SWIFT and the iOS ecosystem (XCode, XCTest, SWIFT package manager, etc.)
- Solid understanding of mobile applications and RESTful API interactions, experience with iOS peripherals is a strong plus (integrating apps with printers, payment, etc.)
- Experience with mobile development tools for software testing (i.e. Appium) and quality (i.e. New Relic)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, 1 to 3 years' experience building Android applications
- An experienced iOS engineer with 3 to 5 years of hands-on iOS native application development
- Experience mentoring junior engineers, leading code reviews, design discussion, collaborating with architects, etc.
- BS in Computer Science or relevant experience
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs