For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
Athleta is searching for an experienced fit specialist to lead a small team to facilitate the transition of product from initial design and trend concept to a fit approved garment in Bras, Swim and Seamless. In this role you will be training and overseeing a team in patternmaking, fitting, and supporting the department in creating standards and maintaining fit consistency. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to drive innovation in construction, and appropriate raw materials for both fit and function. In addition you will leverage and develop key vendor relationships to support working efficiently and driving fit consistency to improve the customer experience.
What you'll do
- Attend all fittings and provide guidance as required, leveraging technical knowledge to troubleshoot and resolve issues that are unique and may require a novel approach
- Lead a team from initial concept to final fit, overseeing the creation and maintainance of fit blocks and standards, ensuring overall fit consistency within your categories, and reviewing style grading and making recommendations
- Oversee the creation of seasonal patterns and mock ups by flat pattern or draping to support design development within your category
- Identify potential production and quality concerns and make recommendations to ensure brand integrity
- Recommend raw material components to meet brand standard and uphold design intent
- Understand the competitive landscape, in product, technology and machinery
- Deliver high quality product in fit, styling, detail, and functionality that enables Athleta to achieve it’s financial goals by managing and tracking competing seasonal deliverables for products under your category
Who you are
- Extensive experience in patternmaking, fabric knowledge, garment construction, and manufacturing processes specific to Bras and Swim. Demonstrated understanding of physical fit, evaluation of body size, shape and the relationship of clothing on the target body
- Believer in the power of team and dedicated to building strong relationships, able to clearly and directly communicate expectations, feedback, and results while listening to learn
- Actively displays growth mindset, motivated to learn new skills and knowledge and act as a technical resource and mentor of others, using rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Consumer advocate who puts the Athleta customer at the forefront of every idea and solution
- Skilled in 2D patternmaking software, Optitex preferred. 3D Style creation and ability to sew and construct garments a definite bonus
- Knowledge of and experience in working with extended sizes (1x-3x)
- Willing and able to travel as needed
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs