Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Sr. Manager - Omni Brand Planning is responsible for the development and execution of the seasonal financial plans and forecasts for assigned markets. This Sr. Manager will partner with the Sr. Director of Brand Planning, as well as Merchandise Planning leads for assigned market, to develop seasonal forecasts that support annual financial plans, maximize sales and inventory opportunities in the business, while seeking ways to mitigate risk to the plan. This individual will also be responsible for the strategic development, implementation, and support of inventory initiatives within the Gap Merchandise Planning Organization.
What you'll do
Accountable for creating, tracking, and measuring financial performance across annual budget, seasonal financial plans, and monthly forecast (market
div and market
Partner with merchandise planning leads to link tops down financial results to daily and weekly divisional performance, while outlining action to drive future results through productive promo and markdown management.
Collaborate with company planning, marketing, and merchandise planning leads to develop a pre-season and in-season promo plan calendar to deliver top-line financials, as well as support the division-level needs.
Develop key initiatives into strategies and strategies into results through structured approach, rigorous analysis, and proactive communication.
Assess and manage the Open to Buy forecast to help inform tops down financial forecast positioning, while identifying risks and opportunities. Guide merchandise planning team actions to support tops down financial commitments.
Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop strategic long-range plans that position the brand for growth and address shifts in customer trend.
Help shape new processes and lead implementation of new practices and tool sets that improve efficiency, capability, and maximize return back to the business.
Build collaborative relationships with Gap Brand leadership and other brand stakeholders
Who you are
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 5 years Inventory Management experience; Planning experience preferred.
- Understanding of retail industry. Apparel and/or Gap Inc. experience a plus.
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and drive change across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated strong ability to influence business partners to drive results.
- Proven ability to prioritize and focus on key initiatives to drive the business.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Deep financial business acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to approach all tasks with a problem-solving mindset; proactively identify areas of opportunity or risk, while providing a path to mitigate this risk.
- Experience on projects with complex scope with system and process implementations across an organization.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel. Must be able to create and use pivot tables, filters, lookup functions, etc.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs