About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
You will have a critical role as you partner with Banana Republic brand in developing the strategy and execution of their performance digital marketing programs. This is a high visibility role that requires an individual who is as comfortable
presenting a strategy to senior leaders as you are developing forecasts, continually optimizing performance, managing internal and external partners and creating marketing hindsights.
What you'll do
- Partners with Banana Republic internal marketing partners, agency partners, and the Gap Inc. centralized Customer and Strategy team to develop the strategy and execution for performance marketing (SEM, Paid Social, Affiliate, Native, Display, App, etc.) channels.
- Defines audience strategy for performance marketing, in concert with brand marketing and direct marketing channels.
- Responsible for budgeting and monthly forecasts ensuring that the performance marketing team is aware of each month’s forecast, strategies, and guardrails to ensure they are able to successfully execute against the brand priorities and remain within forecast.
- Develop and execute day in and day out test and learn plan to continuously improve performance and success metrics.
- Partner with data science teams (CD&A) to understand current media mix modeling and opportunities to leverage data to inform decisions to drive the Banana Republic businesses.
- Optimize traffic, conversion, CPA, ROAS, CAC for Banana Republic globally based on brand, customer, and product growth strategies.
- Hindsights performance on a weekly /monthly / quarterly basis, highlighting opportunities or trends for continuous improvement.
- Accountable for leveraging regular reporting/tools to communicate performance to Banana Republic and share with peers at the other Gap Inc brands.
Who you are
- Seasoned consumer marketer with 10+ years of relevant professional experience; retail experience preferred.
- Proven experience managing large scale marketing budgets with effective returns and traffic growth.
- Strong quantitative skills, MBA or relevant Master’s preferred.
- Deep experience leading matrixed teams as direct manager or project manager.
- A team player comfortable with ambiguity.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge and use of Adobe Analytics / Omniture. Knowledge of tools across digital marketing channels (e.g. AdWords, paid social platforms, Salesforce Marketing).
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs