About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
A key member of the BR Product Operations Team, the Director of Design Operations is responsible for supporting the Design function with operational and strategic leadership, so that teams can work in the most efficient and effective ways possible. This position is a key partner to the Design organization and will interface with cross-functional Product Leaders across Merchandising, Product Development, and Visual.
What you'll do
- Key thought partner to Design leadership Team in developing and establishing departmental efficiencies and opportunities, identifying team priorities and goals, best practices, and calendar management.
- Own the communication of new or amended processes, milestones, calendars, and upcoming deliverables to the Design Team. As the main resource of calendar information, we ensure clarity around all expectations and deliverables on day-to-day basis. Troubleshoot and problem solve with Design when issues arise.
- Co-management of Design team, inclusive of Freelancers – leading Design staff meetings.
- Responsible for partnering with the balance of the Brand Product Operations team to problem solve in-season and future season pipeline process, calendar, deliverables, hindsighting, and speed bumps.
- Key member of the Brand and Divisional CFL groups.
- Partner with Design leads and HR on resource management and organizational structure updates. Recommending areas of improvement and additional budget when needed.
- Create, organize, and support Design led Brand milestone and help prepare supporting materials with Design leadership.
- Key facilitator and communicator in the BR & BRFS Brand Adoption milestone meetings – organizing calendar, expectations, set-up, and oversight to all activities in partnership with cross-functional leaders and ops members.
- Responsible for process management and organization throughout the development process to ensure all necessary tools are available and updated for use by cross functional partners.
- Ensuring the adherence and importance of the maximum development ratios against the global line plan requests. Partner with Product leads to manage variances with business priorities and available resources where applicable.
- Lead cross-brand Design projects and activities, keeping all divisions informed of Product updates.
- Project manage special projects and collaborations that are product focused, leading the design work and coordinating all details and communication with cross-functional partners; concept through BOM completion.
- Project manage 3rd party licensing and partner with 3PL team, including on-garment packaging guidelines.
- Budget management - build and maintain the annual Design fiscal budget, attending monthly forecast meeting with the Finance team and partnering back with Design leadership when needed.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 8-10 years work experience in an operational role
- Knowledge of end-to-end apparel manufacturing a must; product development and design experience a plus
- Demonstrated track record of driving continuous improvement initiatives
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Able to negotiate and build consensus across multiple functions
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to regularly interface with and influence senior management
- Can present ideas and direction that lead others to action
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs