About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Senior Technical Manager in Global Supply Chain manages software development, implementation, and support efforts across Gap Inc. technologies collection of Global Supply Chain platforms and systems. As a member of the Product Engineering group, you are the driving force behind building products and the delivery of multiple, concurrent business initiatives that leverage and extend our robust technology platform. As you are accountable for ensuring product/project delivery excellence in the Gap, Inc. Global Supply Chain, you possess deep technical knowledge, years of software development experience, proven leadership skills, and the ability to forge strong working relationships.
What you'll do
- Manage multiple product teams to build and operate Global Supply Chain systems on-prem and in the cloud.
- Provide leadership and direction for DevOps product team members, as a change agent, initiating appropriate changes to support business growth, reduce operational costs, and/or improve service levels.
- Work with business and IT leadership throughout the strategic planning process; participate in the process to prioritize and scope future product capabilities and initiatives.
- Hire talent and plan resource needs; set uncompromisingly high standards of performance for self and subordinates.
- Evaluate business needs, research and formulate application solutions, and make solution recommendations to GapTech leadership.
- Proactively engage other leaders in cross-functional efforts; openly share plans and strive to prevent surprises for other organizations.
- Foster open communication within and between teams.
Who you are
- Demonstrated ability and experience in providing managerial leadership to a product, team-centric DevOps organization.
- Solid commercial software engineering skills for API development in Cloud, Java platform and CI/CD frameworks.
- Ability to interact with business executives in business terms with ability to influence discussions and decisions & proven record of process analysis and continuous improvements.
- Ability to interact with vendors in the global supply chain space in technical and business terms with ability to influence discussions and improvements in technology and costs.
- 3-5 years of experience in management and leading teams; demonstrated ability to delegate and empower others.
- Full lifecycle development experience on large projects, creating distributed and scalable systems; Retail experience a big plus.
- Experience with object-oriented and service-oriented systems
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or equivalent experience.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs