About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
This Senior Analyst supports the achievement of Banana Republic’s plans and forecasts by influencing leaders and cross-functional partners to make smart investments through sound financial analysis and recommendations.
What you'll do
- Functional Expertise: Own sales, margin, and inventory forecasting for Banana Republic Online.
- In-Season: Develop daily, weekly, and monthly sales projections to support the monthly corporate forecast (PCF) and to inform cross-functional business partners on sales/margin expectations. Learn and utilize numerous forecasting techniques (builds, comps, trend projections, KPI metrics, etc.) to identify the range of possible outcomes. Clearly articulate risk and opportunity to the forecast.
- Pre-Season: Develop sales and inventory buy plans for future seasons. Partner with Inventory Management, Finance, and Company Planning peers to assess and communicate the impact of strategic initiatives during buy-planning milestone meetings. Participate in and lead part of the annual budget process. Support the corporate “Credit Line” process used to manage Gap Inc’s overall inventory position.
- Ad Hoc: Develop financial models and analysis that clearly quantify the cost / benefit of key business initiatives. Initiate analyses to solve problems, create alternatives, and provide recommendations to leadership based on quantitative and objective analysis.
- Change Management: Take initiative to drive change and improve effectiveness and efficiency. A proven track record of constantly evolving and looking for better, smarter ways to get work done. Create new / change current processes with long term solutions in mind.
- Communication & Influence: Establish a track record of clear communication up, down, and across the organization. Be able to influence others. Provide thought leadership and strong financial point of view to business partners.
- IT Partnership: Participate in the effort to improve current Company Planning processes and tools by working with Finance IT leads.
Who you are
- Bachelors degree required. 4-6 years of financial and business analysis. Inventory Management and / or retail planning experience strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, including ability to formulate business strategy.
- Prior Ecommerce experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships on a cross-functional team and influence others through financial analysis.
- Able to transform quantitative analysis into actionable recommendations and communicate them in a compelling way.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; can confidently articulate a point of view, but also explain the risks and opportunities to that P.O.V.
- Strong technical aptitude, including ability and desire to learn company systems and tools. Medium to advanced Excel skill set. Essbase experience a plus.
- Strong written, presentation, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adapt work style / processes in a fast paced environment.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs