About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The primary focus of the A/V Tech is to contribute to the ongoing transformation of audio/visual support at Gap Inc. with a primary focus on video conferencing, live production events, and collaboration. Partner with the GapTech Engineering team to reduce the complexity of our systems and introduce scalable innovative technology. Establish and deliver best practices for ease of use that is implemented throughout the organization. Support the use of technology to enable seamless and successful audio/video collaboration that consistently delights our internal customers.
This role is responsible for providing exceptional A/V support to Gap Inc. across geographical locations ensuring a consistently high level of productivity and customer satisfaction to the business.
What you'll do
- Proactively participate in the transformation of A/V event support and video conferencing across North America HQ locations (San Francisco, Pleasanton, and New York primarily), helping define and share standards to be leveraged across all North America and global locations
- Provide operational support for A/V on-site and virtual events, and act as an escalation point for both the business, GapTech Leadership and the AV team
- Contribute to, and partner with team members to maintain the technology roadmap for the A/V space – focus on driving innovative A/V technology improvements on an ongoing basis
- Conduct proactive services including daily room checks, remote monitoring, system upgrades, and maintenance to ensure maximum availability
- Drive consistent A/V capabilities for our organization – document processes and solutions and promote best practices to share information across Employee Enablement and other GapTech partners
- Develop and maintain strong and trusting relationships with business, International and US counterparts, at all levels of the organization, including the Gap Inc. Communications, and Global Events business teams
- Manage reporting of key AV metrics to management and key business partners
- Above all, provide outstanding professional customer service every day.
Who you are
- 3+ years of relevant experience in IT AV operations support in a large, fast-paced organization
- Expert understanding of A/V technologies: Zoom, Intrado, Microsoft Teams, Live Events, Stream, Hopin, Yammer
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical groups
- Customer success obsessed – consistently strive to delight customers and exceed their expectations and appropriate sense of urgency and ability to make timely decisions in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities – constantly looking to improve the team, processes, and procedures, and the supported technology environment
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive working relationships with senior members of the organization, co-workers, clients, and vendors
- Lead by example, motivate and inspire other team members to deliver their objectives successfully and effectively influence key stakeholders to facilitate the work of the team
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs