About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Online Senior Analyst is part of the Old Navy FP&A team supporting the monthly forecasting and close processes as well as the development of annual budgets. The position will work collaboratively with business partners across the organization and will be responsible for ownership of key lines in the P&L, providing support to senior management for the multifaceted online division. The position reports to the Manager of Global and Online FP&A.
• Provide financial/business support to senior management through the annual budget process, monthly forecasting and close processes, as well as ad hoc financial analysis
• Develop new methodologies to drive continuous improvement in forecast timing and accuracy
• Create and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross-functional teams
• Understand and analyze complex data from business patterners, challenging assumptions to drive results
• Perform a variety of business analysis that will be driven by Brand and Corporate Finance
• Support the financial evaluation of business trends and initiatives (e.g. Ship from Store and Buy Online Pick-Up in Store) to drive profitability
• Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of information and reports, share best practices, and develop a sound understanding of systems knowledge
Who you are
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
• Strong knowledge of financial and accounting concepts, including basic framework of the Profit & Loss Statement, Retail Finance knowledge a plus
• Minimum 4-6 years of experience in financial analysis or auditing
• Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of Oracle financial systems and Essbase
• Proven analytical ability and creative problem solving skills
• Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills
• Ability to articulate financial concepts to non-finance business partners in a clear and concise manner
• Organized and detail oriented
• Team player with a positive attitude who is flexible and can handle ambiguity
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize, and adapt to a changing, fast paced environment
• Month End Close experience
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs