About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Gap Inc.’s Supply Chain Logistics Business Engagement team helps optimize the Gap Inc. Supply Chain by providing high touch, personalized, proactive support post-implementation of warehouse management, transportation, loss prevention and material handling solutions and improving our processes to operate efficiently and in support of our strategic goals.
The person in this position will be instrumental in delivering omnichannel logistics capabilities that become a foundation for our strategic platform across all channels and geographies supporting a fast, efficient, and cost-effective global network strategy. The main focus for this role will revolve around the transportation and loss prevention areas.
The primary purpose of the Logistics Business Engagement team is to enable adoption and sustainability of capabilities delivered to the Distribution and Fulfillment Centers (DC), Loss Prevention, Transportation, etc. via GapTech Product teams while supporting continuity and productivity of Operations. The primary focus of this role is to build strong relationships and partner with key stakeholders in Operations, Brand Operations, and Corporate Shared Services Center; provide functional and technical guidance to his/her direct reports and business partners; ensure timely and consistent communication regarding high priority product issues, and drive resolution of functional and technical issues that are impacting business. This role involves the planning, conducting, and directing of the analyses and resolution of business problems that may or may not be solved using technology. Provide assistance and expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing business and process understanding or procedures. Works closely with Product Management and Technology functions to provide insights about the business operations, processes, or procedures that can assist Operations in performing their various functions. The leadership role is responsible for oversight of multiple onsiteemote teams responsible for providing support for the Omni enabled online fulfillmentetail distribution center, transportation, loss prevention, etc. post-implementation of any changes and related application installs upgrades and deployments. This leadership role is also the escalation point for stakeholders.
What you'll do
- Leading a team of onsite support resources across the fulfillment network. Creating effective relationships with Operations Management and Supervisors; Brand Operations and Finance business partners; Communication of status and progress on a resolution for key business-impacting issues to DC Operations, Brand, Finance and Project leadership; Leading SWAT team efforts to address high impact issues based on an understanding of the business impact and ensure communication of prioritization to PdM and DevOps; Influencing prioritization of hotfixes and bug fixes in Product Team backlog to minimize the impact on business operations
- Partnering with the business and product management teams to identify opportunities in current systems and process, and provide a direct feedback loop to inform continuous improvement to maximize returns on application development efforts
- Continuous improvement of the incident management process to ensure accurate capture of the issue, timely resolution by the support teams and of the end to end support process: communication, problem management, end to end monitoring, product development life cycle, role clarity, release process
- Bringing together business and tech and/or multiple tech functions to align and bring all to the right outcome in quickly resolving issues (not all issues can be solved via technology)
- Partnering with PdM, DC Engineering, L&D and DevOps teams on business readiness activities in preparation for delivery of new capabilities (i.e. – 4-wall testing, post-production validation)
- Partnering with Release Management on the GapTech change management process and ensure deployments and planned outages across Products align with DC business calendars and milestones; participate in weekly release planning calls
- Post-production resource planning to ensure knowledge transfer and onsite staffing in place post-production, during hyper care, stabilization, post-stabilization and during peak
Who you are
- 10+ years plus of work experience with a minimum of 3+ years in working with Distribution/Fulfillment Centers
- Knowledge of supply chain distribution domain utilizing advanced material handling equipment (unit sorter, carton sorter, ASRS, put-to-light, etc.)
- Experience leading matrixed teams and managing work activities in a dynamic environment across cross-functional teams to achieve objectives
- Experience with effective communication across multiple cross-functional teams
- Experience on projects with a complex scope and system & process implementations a plus
- BA/BS with an emphasis in related field (finance, economics, business, mathematics, communications, operations, supply chain management, information systems)
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs