About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Inventory Management Director leads a team of Managers, Planners and Analysts through development, execution and communication of financial and inventory plans and strategies to meet or exceed sales, gross margin, GMROI and inventory goals. Responsible for creating and articulating vision, and providing strategy guidance to team. Contributes to creating global vision and purpose of function. Actively participates in brand strategies and engages with executive leadership team.
What you'll do
- Oversees the development of division, department & class level plans that support market strategy
- Own setting and driving division financials and product strategies (for all milestones) with team and cross-functional/cross-channel peers
- Set global positioning and guardrails for team to build LRP strategy and financials for division
- Set guidelines and direction for team development of annual, seasonal, monthly & weekly merchandise plans
- Participate in development of seasonal commercial plan
- Own representation and communication of division and brand strategies for all team and brand executive forums
- Proactively guide in-season financial management, including OTB forecasting, pricing decisions, and demand driven buying decisions to deliver financial goals
- Lead and drive ongoing division financial and strategic discussions and take action quickly to maximize financial results, mitigate risks, and positively impact short and long term business results
- Gain insights on business results to influence future division, functional and brand strategies
- Identify and recommend in-season commercial plan changes for the division or brand
- Guide cross-functional discussions and highly influence partners
- Provides guidance for team in prioritizing initiatives that maximize efforts and ties to key brand/division goals; removes roadblocks to support team
- Lead and drive brand initiatives for continuous IM process improvement, ensuring ongoing effectiveness
- Partners with cross-functional team leaders to shape/improve cross-functional operations
- Accountable for career development, skill development, and leadership competency of teams to ensure job satisfaction, retention and future talent development
- Partners with cross-functional team leaders to shape divisional talent
- Cultivate a collaborative, innovative and results-orientated environment for division and cross-functional teams
- Develop IM bench-strength and a talent pipeline through active participation in recruiting and succession planning
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 8-10 years work experience in Inventory Management
- Strong track record of leading and developing a team
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
- Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Developing Direct Reports & Motivating Others: Ability to hire, train, develop, and retain direct reports
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs