About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Assistant of Fabric R&D will work cross-functionally to drive innovation and new technology for fabric trends with a strong focus on research and development in his/her category.
What you'll do
- Strong focus on raw material research and development.
- Assist in organizing and maintaining the seasonal fabric library.
- Assist in building presentations for fabric trends, innovation and new technologies.
- Meet regularly with mills and BR’s core suppliers to learn any new technologies, updates in finishing and innovation in fabric.
- Regular data entry updates in PLM and seasonal fabric charts.
- Partner closely with GIS with all new development communication, initiate fabric testing on a seasonal basis and track sample yard cuttings for leadership meetings.
- Assist in communication for all seasonal sample yardage requests.
- Monitor all calendar deliverables to ensure all deadlines and development dates are met.
- Assist in organizing and maintaining seasonal development books and all SMR reference cuttings
Who you are
- Fabric knowledge
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Strong understanding of fabric
- College degree in Textile, Fashion Design, or related field preferred
- 1-2 years design experience, preferably in textiles and fabrics
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs