About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Senior Director, Creative Marketing leads the Seasonal Campaign Creative Marketing Team within Old Navy Global Marketing.
What you'll do
- Strategically push the creative integrity of all campaigns and deliverables to cement while meeting the business objectives with fresh seasonal creative.
- Drive, own, and iterate on the brand visual identity and photo direction for multi-channel campaigns that touch all areas of the customer experience—including e-comm HP, retail, email marketing, digital advertising, video, social and more.
- Have a true passion for retail, fashion, photography, casting and design as well as being a true conceptual thought-leader, constantly anchored in Old Navy’s essence while able to continuously refresh the brand’s look and feel over time.
- Lead and inspire a growing team of creative directors, art directors, designers to create first-in-class marketing for the Old Navy brand.
- Partner with editorial team, creative team and styling team leads to bring innovative and impactful product storytelling to life in the Only Old Navy way.
- Partner with your creative team leads (creative studio, marketing operations, production) to identify the right frameworks needed to ensure the team has the time, tools, and process to facilitate impactful work.
- Leverage cultural and consumer insights to ensure all creative work is strategy-led and positions Old Navy as a thought leader, values driven and innovative brand.
- Partner closely with Brand Marketing, Product, and other key stakeholders throughout the business to ensure creative output is highly effective while maintaining brand standards and innovation.
- Oversee the pre-season product marketing concepting, execution of photo-shoots and in-season design implementation and execution of assets. This will require regular travel for the shoots.
Who you are
- 15+ years experience in brand creative direction—both agency and in-house experience a plus
- You have a compelling portfolio of distinctive work that elevates a brand’s creative experience.
- A creative visionary—people are inspired by and excited to work with you.
- You operate at an executive level with the ability to both mentor and manage.
- Extensive knowledge of channel best practices—you never push creative work forward at the expense of business goals.
- Experience in and comfortable working cross-functionally—especially with Brand and Product teams.
- Strong organizational skills, keen eye for detail, and ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where deadlines, priorities, and initiatives change frequently—Empowered and Iterative are core values.
- Exceptional presentation skills with the ability to clearly and articulately explain your rationale and evoke excitement with your recommendations.
- Experience leading successful photo and video production, digital advertising
- Expert in the Adobe Suite, G-Suite, Keynote, and any other relevant tools needed.
- Passionate about the democracy of style, and working for an inclusive values driven brand.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs