About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Trend & Concept team is the creative strategy hub of Banana Republic. We partner with our heads of Design to craft trend-worthy, on-brand seasonal narratives that guide the product development process; and help inspire the creative marketing and visual teams.
What you'll do
- Runway Analysis and Reporting
- Analysis of Trend Forecasting Services
- Competitive, Aspirational, and Vintage Shopping
- Social Media & Search Reporting
- Monthly Editorial Roundup Reporting
- Seasonal Concept Development
- Building Physical & Digital Mood Boards
- Building Seasonal Keynote Documents
- Building Our Virtual Concept Room Set-Up in Miro
- Translating Concepts into Editorial Stories
- Partnership & Collaboration Support
- Assist in Selecting Partnerships & Collaborations
- Assist in Scheduling Partnership Meetings
- Assist in Developing Creative for Collaborations
- Assist in Building Keynote Pitch Decks
Who you are
- You have an unparalleled enthusiasm for fashion.
- You have an innate skill at identifying fashion & lifestyle trends.
- A dynamic speaker and comfortable presenting their work to c-suite executives.
- You are comfortable operating in a large, high-volume, fast-paced brand.
- Have at least three years of experience in apparel design or trend forecasting.
- Have a knowledgeable understanding of men’s & women’s: luxury & contemporary designers, key & niche publications, and a rolodex of go-to blogs and social media accounts to source impactful imagery.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs