About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Responsible for Gap Inc. parcel operations in the U.S. and Canadian markets. Develops and drives cost, service, and process improvement initiatives to support needs of Gap Inc.’s supply chain. Areas of focus will include various aspects of Gap Inc.’s Global Supply Chain including: Outbound (Consumer Direct, General) and Brand Strategies. Develop a strong internal and external network of third-party parcel carriers. Additional scope: Assist with Global Parcel Operations DC-based activities and general reporting as necessary, as well as strategic mode selection analysis and supporting transportation programs. Identifies and implements best practices and must be able to support other transportation initiatives as necessary.
What you'll do
- Accountable for daily, weekly, and monthly forecasting by carrier/service method to ensure adequate carrier capacity.
- Support new/ongoing Parcel initiatives and Strategy; conduct shipment-level spend and transit analysis to identify cost effectiveness as necessary.
- Responsible for the planning and support of day-to-day activities of internal and external resources.
- Ensure timely communication and maintain relationships with internal/external business partners.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of Gap Inc/Carrier networks, carrier services and the components of pricing models.
Who you are
- 3 - 5 yrs. Transportation and Logistics Experience; retail industry experience (preferred)
- 1 - 2 yrs. Project Management Experience
- Strong Problem-Solving, Organizational, Planning, Conflict Resolution, Decision Making and Negotiating Skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Access, Excel and PowerPoint
- Travel Requirement – up to 25%
- Geographic Location Requirements – Groveport, OH
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs