About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
As a Sr. Manager for Mobile eCommerce, you’ll lead an Agile product team to build mobile apps used by millions of customers. You’ll partner with a product manager to set goals and technical direction for the team and leverage your knowledge of iOS and Android mobile ecosystems to delight our customers with high-quality mobile applications. The software quality bar is high at GapTech, you’ll use best-in-class tools for build automation, code coverage, contract testing, test-driven development, continuous integration tooling, etc. The successful candidate will be technical, capable of working as a senior contributor when needed, provide engineering leadership and people management, and guide the team in the analysis of relevant metrics to instill accountability.
What you'll do
- Lead teams of high-performing iOS/Android engineers to build an architecturally sustainable codebase with millions of MAU and an ever-growing share of Gap Inc’s eCom revenue
- Partner with the Product Manager to define a road map, work with other product teams to provide guidance
- Set team goals and technical direction, ensuring an emphasis on quality (code coverage, test automation) and alignment with the larger organization
- Participate in and lead code reviews and proof-of-concepts
- Collaborate with other product teams to provide guidance, requirements and get feedback on their code and yours. Interactions with third-party vendors will also be required, as we leverage a variety of SDKs for payment, printing and other peripheral integrations.
- Monitor and manage team performance, set goals, coach and develop engineers
Who you are
- A seasoned, mobile engineering leader with at least five years of hands-on mobile application development experience with SWIFT/Objective C and/or React Native and strong examples of long-lived apps delivered over multiple releases. Experience with iOS/Android peripheral integration a strong plus (printers, payments, etc.)
- Experience leading, inspiring, and motivating teams through effective communication, experience working in product-oriented organizations where you’ve influenced other product teams to deliver features that enhanced your product
- Strong focus on security and understanding of how to handle customer data compliant with PCI, PII, GDPR, etc.
- Experience architecting, designing and developing highly-scalled and available applications
- Hands-on experience with Android app development a plus and/or node.js also a strong plus (we leverage an in-house node.js façade API layer). Exposure and experience with eCom at scale also a strong plus.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs