Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Manager of Digital Brand Management is a strategic and collaborative role that leads the development and execution of brand and product marketing for email and Gap.com. This role works closely with all marketing and digital functions to bring brand & product stories to life in the digital space. This role will sit on the Kids & Baby team and report to the Director of Teen, Kids & Baby Brand Communications.
What you'll do
- Partner with brand communications and global merchandising to gain a deep understanding of the global assortment, brand initiatives and online business needs
- Translate the global marketing plan into a strategic digital messaging plan that balances both brand and commercial objectives for site and email
- Partner with global brand communications, creative, social media and online teams to bring seasonal brand campaigns to life in the digital space; work closely with social media to identify opportunities to align on storytelling and messaging strategies
- Write strategic briefs for all site and email messages that define the asset objective, message hierarchy, customer need and product features & benefits
- Work closely with consumer insights to develop an understanding of our customer needs and purchasing motivators
- Partner with creative and styling to bring digital stories to life through compelling concepts and outfitting / photography
- Regularly respond to business needs and consumer trends by adjusting and/or fast-tracking content in-season
- Maintain a deep understanding of performance KPI’s and conduct weekly and seasonal analysis on all digital assets
- Partner with Audience Experience to bring email and site personalization to life – aligning data, brand goals and digital capabilities.
- Work with counterparts on the Adult Digital Brand Management team to allocate real estate by division (e.g. Adults vs. Maternity vs. Teen vs. Kids & Baby)
Who you are
- Digitally obsessed marketer with a positive attitude and forward-looking mentality
- BA/BS preferred and 7+ years of relevant experience (retail, e-commerce, brand management)
- Strong balance of analytical and creative mindset
- Customer focused lens for bringing to life brand and product stories
- Ability to build and manage effective cross functional relationships
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to drive efficiencies across workstreams
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to prioritize multiple projects / seasons at a time
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills (this role interfaces with senior leadership on a weekly basis)
- Gap Brand enthusiast!
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs