Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Senior Manager, Social Media Creative is responsible for the design of Gap brand’s social media channels on a day-to-day basis in accordance with the overall seasonal story-telling and commercial planning.
What you'll do
- Curate the brand’s Instagram cadence, pulling photography and graphics from seasonal campaigns, user-generated content, event recaps, and more.
- Design digital ad units for Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc, adhering to best-in-practice standards for the industry.
- Oversee and manage 1-2 social designers with day-to-day design and presentation tasks.
- Collaborate daily with copy, design, and strategy on all creative executions.
- This position requires a highly motivated individual who can editorialize content and inspire through visuals.
- Candidates should possess an elevated graphic design style and a compelling portfolio.
- Ability to translate business and marketing objectives into designs that are inspiring and engaging.
- Work with internal teams to keep them fully informed of creative development and execution.
- Create and develop a visual response to communication problems including identifying the problem, researching, analysis, solution generating, prototyping, user testing and outcome evaluation.
- Ability to be flexible, nimble and dynamic in a large organization.
- Create presentations that address diverse users and audiences.
- Shape design decisions in response to creative leadership feedback.
- Research creative trends in competitive markets and apply that knowledge and learning to each project.
Who you are
- Experience developing creative assets for multichannel social at a large brand, publisher or agency, including directing the work of others.
Strong communication skills - particularly proven track record in managing through influence.
Fundamental understanding of design and branding best practices.
Strong conceptual abilities, sophisticated sense of color with a high attention to detail.
Exhibits an understanding of and passion for fashion and retail, with a strong style sensibility.
Current and evolving sense of design.
Experience with paid advertising and Social Media.
Experience with motion and video graphics.
Portfolio required when submitting your resume.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs