About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Every summer, we invite talented rising seniors to join us for a challenging, hands-on experience in the retail industry. The ten-week Summer Intern Program will be in person in one of our Distribution Centers in Fishkill, New York, Fresno, California, Gallatin, Tennessee and Brampton, Canada with some remote learning experiences.
The Summer Internship Program combines meaningful work experiences with exposure to different areas of our business to give interns a unique opportunity to expand their knowledge of the retail industry and determine whether they would like to pursue a career at Gap Inc. after graduation. As an intern, you will get to meet our senior executives and leaders. You will work on impactful projects and you will have the opportunity to present to senior management.
What you'll do
- Develop a strong understanding of the methods used by the team and the process flow of merchandise through the facility; recommend best methods for each process.
- Apply knowledge of Industrial Engineering principles to measure the potential of process improvements.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures and work on Special Projects as assigned.
- Create and revise work measurement standards (Expectations); utilize “MOST” (Maynard Operation Sequence Technique) or Manhattan Labor Management.
- Perform data collection, analysis, and dissemination.Understand of Capacity Planning and Cost/Benefit Analysis.Communicate with Maintenance and IT to discuss ideas affecting MHE or IT hardware.
Who you are
- Undergraduate Engineering degree in progress; previous work experience preferred, but not required.
- Strong analytical, research and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work well as part of a diverse, cross-functional team. Strong organizational, project and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Ability to develop creative insights from research to drive actionable results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint required; Ability to learn technical applications and processes quickly.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs