About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Data and Analytics organization is chartered with unlocking the power of data to drive decision making and customer obsession across Gap Inc’s family of dynamic brands. Within this organization sits the Decision Support Team for Banana Republic, chartered with leveraging data and analytics methods to drive business outcomes for key stakeholders across the Banana Republic brand.
Reporting to the Director of Banana Republic Decision Support, the Manager of Customer & Marketing Analytics works hand-in-hand with leaders across all aspects of the Brand, including Marketing, Finance, Strategy and Product. In the role, the Manager is empowered to help business teams make informed decisions regarding pivotal growth strategies, marketing investments, and offers an enhanced view of our Customer, illuminating the unique expressions of Brand Love that our business forward.
The successful candidate has a strong analytical mindset, is passionate about story-telling and skilled at driving decisions with data. They are highly proficient at accessing and manipulating complex, large-scale data, and are eager to be a part of a digital-first, growth-oriented, data-driven team. Key areas of opportunity include multi-channel personalization, driving customer value and lifecycle.
What you'll do
- Partner with key stakeholders specifically within the Banana Republic brand to leverage customer data and marketing analytics to drive business outcomes.
- Listen to the analytic needs of stakeholders and identify opportunities for generating insights, testing and/or improving the customer experience.
- Assemble transactional, site browse, product, financial, data across multiple cloud-based data systems using SQL and appropriate data science packages, perform analyses, provide actionable recommendations and package for business consumption.
- Own and evolve the customer forecasting practice, and its integration into media planning and financial goal-setting.
- Evolve practices for reporting key performance metrics and guide adoption to help Brand Leadership better understand the customer and drive customer-centric decision making.
- Continually learn about Gap Inc.’s data, systems and capabilities to continually improve your impact, influence and data storytelling skills.
Who you are
- Analytically minded with strong business acumen and excited for a role that requires you to combine the two
- 4+ years of experience in an analytics role, preferably in a multi-channel retail environment, or in a management consulting/company planning role where analytics is a central area of focus
- 4+ year of experience in hands on data analysis to drive business outcomes
- Highly proficient in using SQL for analysis of large customer and transactional datasets; other languages, such as R, Python or SAS, a plus
- Depth in forecasting business KPIs a plus
- Experience with MMM-led budget allocation processes a plus
- Strong business acumen, and superior written, verbal skills
- Adept at drawing insights, visualizing results and curating client-facing presentations
- Curious, life-long learner, self-motivated and able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Data Science or other quantitative, technical, or social science field required. MS degree strongly preferred.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs