About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Loyalty Strategy & Analytics team is responsible for loyalty strategy and innovation across Gap Inc.’s family of brands. The Loyalty Business Analytics sits within this team and is an essential enabler to the success of these efforts. This team serves as a shared service and the primary point of contact for the broader Loyalty & Payments team, as well as cross-band and functional business partners, on reporting, campaign analyses, forecasts and insights around loyalty performance and customer behavior.
As the leader of this group, this role will be responsible for establishing foundational structure and processes to enable data-driven business decisions, proactive insights to inform program opportunities and strategic guidance with Gap Inc.’s internal Data Decision and Product Management teams on efforts to advance the loyalty agenda. The ideal candidate must be a proactive and innovative leader who is customer curious and results-oriented. They must have strong analytical, communication and influencing skills, financial acumen and willingness to problem solve quickly and creatively.
What you'll do
- Manages team responsible for assessing loyalty performance, analyzing campaign performance, identifying portfolio level trending, supporting forecasting, and identifying customer level insights to identify portfolio growth opportunities
- Partners closely with internal and external stakeholders to identify productized reporting needs, align on campaign strategies, and establish, manage, and prioritize a Loyalty & Payments reporting and analytics roadmap
- Performs complex analyses, leveraging multiple data sources, to generate data-driven insight and recommendations in business-friendly language
- Regularly partners with Customer Data & Analytics team to identify testing strategies, including the definition of test and control groups and KPI’s for on-going L&P initiatives
- Works with L&P Brand and Finance teams on weekly, monthly, seasonal, and yearly forecasting efforts
- Partners with internal and external Tech and PdM teams to manage data improvement projects and solutions efforts to meet loyalty analytics needs
- Provides thought leadership to the team and helps to problem-solve around key strategic decisions
- Oversees a multi-person team of Loyalty Business Analysts
Who you are
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in customer analytics, marketing, loyalty, eCommerce related field analyzing multi-channel marketing programs or supporting detailed forecasting
- Previous experience with customer segmentation or gleaning insights and making recommendations based off customer-level data and performance
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, while also maintaining oversight of direct reports
- Ability to succeed in a rapidly growing business environment with competing priorities by organizing and self-prioritizing work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to glean insights, visualize data, tell a story, and influence strategic direction across the business.
- Experience using logic and methods to solve difficult problems and derive effective solutions.
- Strong financial acumen and analytical rigor with advanced knowledge of Excel
- Past credit card, retail, or loyalty experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree; MBA a plus
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs