For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
Athleta is currently undergoing explosive growth and is looking for a Manager of Inventory Strategy, overseeing our Systems and Analytics used to propel our business forward. The Manager of Systems and Analytics has their “black belt” in melding business objectives with data driven insights to optimize systems across the enterprise. You are laser focused in driving analytic capabilities that drive financial results while creating operational efficiencies for your cross functional partners. You thrive in using data to navigate through ambiguity and approach every challenge as an opportunity to experiment and push the business forward.
What you'll do
- Drive cross functional implementation and sustainability strategies for our newly launched enterprise assortment, planning and allocations systems and corresponding analytics
- Partner with Gap Inc Advanced Analytics and Product Management teams to develop best in class analytic review process to optimize our system inputs and outputs
- Identify and execute continuous improvement across our analytics and support methodology development, technology/tools requirements and general analysis
- Collaborate with Inventory Management (IM) leadership on the prioritization and sequencing of new systems, tools, reporting, processes and other IM related, business driving initiatives
- Inform and influence cross-functional teams to adopt systemic changes based on strategic recommendations that support business needs.
- Partner with Subject Matter Experts in implementation, communication, exploration and training of processes across IM and cross-functional teams to ensure consistency of application and alignment of recommended business practices.
Who you are
- 3-5 years relevant work experience, preferable in Inventory Management, Inventory Strategy, or Data Analytics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel with a strong aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results, anticipating risks and identifying contingency plans and processes to prevent disruptions when risks occur; proficiency in retail math
- You possess strong organizational and time management skills, are able to set objectives and goals and organize work appropriately to meet and exceed goals. Can identify and articulate the processes necessary to get things down efficiently and effectively
- You are known to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners, underscored by strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- You’re able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions, and have track record of presenting ideas and directions that lead others to action
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs