About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Editorial Project Manager will play a critical role in driving the Gap Inc. narrative internally and externally, and will own content planning and publishing across all Gap Inc. Channels, including our corporate Newsroom, employee intranet, and social channels. We’re looking for someone who is an organizational and project management pro and can work seamlessly with a variety of stakeholders to develop content across distinct channels. If you live and breathe content planning, channel management, and publishing, come work with us!
What you'll do
- Own planning, project management, and publishing of content for Gap Inc. internal and external channels—e.g., internal employee portal, GapInc.com Newsroom, and Gap Inc Social (FB, IG, Twitter, LinkedIn)—and collaborate on brand portfolio LinkedIn channels (6-10 channels).
- Collaborate cross-functionally to keep track of content scheduled while assigning and tracking against publish dates/deadlines with internal and external partners.
- Proactively identify/develop story ideas in support of the company's strategic direction and ongoing communications programs and collaborate with Communications partners to develop content plans, particularly when there are calendar gaps.
- Understand Inc.'s social presence and suggest ways to better position the brand while community managing and engaging with followers.
- Collaborate with Sr. Manager, Editorial Strategy to develop independent content strategy for each internal and external channel and build plans to execute.
- Identify gaps in content calendar and create supplemental content for social and collaborate with Comms partners and creative team to execute.
- Copyedit all long and short form content before publishing to drive editorial consistency on Gap Inc. channels and ensure alignment to AP Style.
Who you are
- 5-7 years of relevant experience managing content planning, scheduling, and publishing
- Extremely skilled in organization, high-volume project management, editorial process creation, and content creation
- Experience independently owning editorial process and project management for a wide range of stakeholders across multiple channels, setting deadlines, and balancing competing priorities
- High degree of comfort with project planning and publishing tools, including Airtable, Opal, Hootsuite/Sprout, Kentico, AEM, MailChimp, and similar; quick learner on new publishing platforms
- Able to work well under tight deadlines and effectively manage high-pressure issues and crisis situations; Experience owning social crisis response plans, a plus
- High degree of attention to detail, a must
- Storytelling experience in Communications, PR, and/or marketing, a plus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs